Senate Bill 236, which became Act 173 was signed by the Governor on June 12, 2017. This Act makes some extensive changes for filing and recording documents, including certification of records charged by the Clerks of the District Court as ex officio recorders. Changes are effective as of August 1, 2017.
The certification fee for a recorded document is increasing from $5.00 to $10.00. Note that although Act 173 is very specific that the changes apply only to recorded documents, a number of District Court Clerks have indicated to us that they are also raising the court record certification fee from $5.00 to $10.00. If you would like a list of these courts, please email email@example.com.
The fee for filing and recording document changes from:
- $25.00 per book for the first page and $10.00 for each subsequent page per book up to ten pages or $8.00 per page if exceeding 10 pages
To the following:
- For one to five page documents, one hundred dollars.
- For six to twenty-five page documents, two hundred dollars.
- For twenty-six to fifty page documents, three hundred dollars.
- For documents in excess of fifty pages, three hundred dollars for first 26 fifty pages and five dollars for each subsequent page.
This includes up to 10 names indexed, a certified copy, and the LCRAA Portal Fee. For indexing of all documents filed for record for each name after the tenth name that is required to be indexed, five dollars per name.